Our ProgramsSelfless Souls
Selfless Souls is an intensive care coordination program directed towards single mothers who struggle with substance use. This program is designed to eliminate barriers to substance use treatment, prevent child abuse and neglect and to provide aftercare services, job training and independent living skills for single mothers recovering from substance use. Selfless Souls care coordination services consist of the following for each consumer engaged in our program:
- Locate and coordinate in-patient and/or out-patient substance use treatment services.
- Provide transportation to and from In-patient treatment services up to 300 miles.
- Locate, coordinate and pay for respite care with certified foster homes for children up to 120 days while mom is in in-patient treatment.
- Locate, coordinate and pay for child care, with local certified child care facilities, while mom attends out-patient substance use treatment.
- Coordinate counseling services for the children while mom is in treatment.
- Coordinate aftercare family, individual and sobriety maintenance services for mom and the family when mom completes substance use treatment.
- Coordinate vocational and job training for mom when she completes substance use treatment.
- Assist mom with job readiness skills and job placements
- Assist mom and family with securing housing, food, transportation.
- Assist mom with any and all educational goals. (GED or Higher education technical assistance)
- Provide transportation to and from employment to assist with maintaining employment
- Intensive case management to link to community resources
- Parenting Classes
- Crisis intervention services for the family
- Coordinate assistance with medical needs for the family Program Structure
Our “Selfless Souls” are Bachelors and Masters level Social Workers with extensive care coordination and community social work experience. Each mom referred to our program will be working one on one with an assigned “Selfless Soul” to hold their hand into treatment, while they are in treatment and while they are in the recovery phase. Our Selfless Souls also work closely with all children to provide around the clock support while mom is in treatment. Selfless Souls partners with a huge network of community resources, including licensed and approved respite care providers and day cares, housing providers, vocational and job training agencies, behavioral and health care agencies and more to ensure that everyone in our care are provided with the best treatment and wrap around services to address every deficit in their lives.
- Increase single mother’s access to in-patient and out-patient medically assisted treatment for substance use by eliminating transportation barriers.
- Increase single mother’s access to in-patient and out-patient medically assisted treatment for substance use by eliminating child care barriers.
- Increase single mother’s treatment success rate by providing intensive after-care Care Coordination services for mom and the family.
- Increase recovering single mother’s self- sufficiency by engaging them in vocational training and job readiness classes for improved employability.
- Increase recovering single mother’s self -sufficiency by engagement in higher education in order to obtain higher paying employment.
- Increase recovering mother’s self-sufficiency through educating and linking the family to all community resources related to food, transportation, shelter, employment, health insurance and healthcare.
- Decrease child abuse and neglect through parenting classes and childcare resources.