Our ProgramsTutor Bar
Tutor Bar strives to:
- Increase tutoring access to vulnerable populations by eliminating transportation barriers.
- Increase tutoring access to vulnerable populations by eliminating financial barriers.
- Improving academic performance for at-risk by providing tutoring services by qualified tutors,
- Increase academic success for at-risk youth by providing year-round tutoring through after school and summer academic enhancement programs.
Tutor Bar connects with managers of high risk communities, educators, court counselors and other community agencies to receive referrals for youth in need of academic enhancement services. Tutoring services are provided 1 on 1 and 3 to 1 group settings. Tutor Bar operates Monday thru Thurs from 2pm to 7pm. During the summer our mobile services are offered Monday through Thursday from 9am to 6pm. All youth are offered in-home, virtual or at our site.
- Youth engaged in our tutoring services will perform on or above their grade level.
- Youth engaged in our tutoring services will be promoted to the next grade.
- Youth engaged in our tutoring services will demonstrate improvement in end of grade testing.
Tutor Bar Mobile Tutoring is currently fundraising to launch our mobile tutoring center. This project allows us to convert a bus into a mobile classroom equipped with tutors, computers, desk and other educational supplies to provide tutoring to at-risk youth in their own communities with the partnership of local low-income community managers. Our main goal is to provide free, accessible tutoring services to underserved youth, in their environment. To donate to this program please visit https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/selflessusa